Who We Are
Utsha is a registered charitable trust based in Bhubaneswar with a commitment to capture,engage and nurture the Odishan culture and provides a space /platform to reflect and augment diversity of the state with all its urban,rural, secular and religious identities. We are intensely involved in promoting artistic excellence with exciting synthesis of contemporary and traditional arts, in all their forms and mediums. We are very keen to investigate the notions and dilemmas of contemporary visual culture (at large) by creating a dynamic and vibrant artistic and intellectual environment for experimentation and creativity.
To make Odisha an acknowledged centre of excellence and innovation in contemporary art.
- To promote discussions, understanding and appreciation of contemporary visual culture and develop new and active audiences and to provide a place for critical debate.
- To publish various texts of art including catalogues , books , monographs ,brochures including translations of various texts of arts into Odia and vice versa in order to provide resources for students, educational institutions, libraries and individuals.
- To support emerging artists and artists from smaller cities/ marginal areas.
- To encourage and support the production and the exchange of ideas by local and international artists through production , exhibition and dissemination
- To actively facilitate an informal network of contemporary artists both within the region and abroad.
“The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls.”